Dr. Rebekka Palmer is a licensed clinical and performance psychologist. She works as a coach and therapist for youth, young adults, athletes, couples and executives. She believes strongly that athletes, performers as well as people in business can benefit from mental coaching.
She has done performance coaching with executives in a wide array of specialties such as treasury, finance consulting, investment banking and corporate banking. Her approach with executives has largely focused on refining and working toward performance goals, advisory regarding challenging decision making and handling sensitive issues, as well as enhancing emotional intelligence.
In addition to her coaching work with high-performers, Dr. Palmer has extensive experience in substance abuse treatment, motivationally challenged populations, harm reduction, and use of protective strategies for substance use among young adults.
Education, Experience, & Expertise
- PhD in Clinical Psychology from the University of Washington in Seattle
- Post-doctoral Fellowship at Yale University Medical School, Department of Psychiatry
- Associate Research Scientist at Yale University Medical School, Department of Psychiatry
- Extensive experience in Motivational Interviewing and working with challenging populations
- Taught PhD, PsyD and undergraduate students at Palo Alto University and the Stanford University Psychiatry Consortium