Dr. Jessica Stack is a Board-Certified Child, Adolescent and Adult psychiatrist. Dr. Stack is skilled in the use of evidence-based psychopharmacologic and psychotherapeutic treatments to help her patients feel better and improve their functioning. She is experienced in working with families to optimize the health of their children.
Dr. Stack has substantial clinical and research experience:
- While at Brown University, she worked as a research assistant on the Phase Preference, Sleep and Development, and Teen ADHD studies at the Sleep for Science Research Lab of E.P. Bradley Hospital of Brown University
- Prior to attending medical school, Dr. Stack worked in the Cardiac Research department of Morristown Memorial Hospital in Morristown, N.J., as the lead research assistant on a prospective randomized trial of cerebral oximetry monitoring in patients undergoing cardiac surgery. The results of this study were presented at national meetings and were published: Cerebral Oxygen Desaturation Predicts Cognitive Decline and Longer Hospital Stay After Cardiac Surgery Slater.
- During her residency in adult psychiatry also at Brown University, she served as a therapist on a study of interpersonal psychotherapy for the treatment of major depression in women following a perinatal loss
- Advanced clinical training in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
Education & University Appointments:
- Clinical Instructor in Psychiatry, New York University
- Former Psychiatric Consultant, Hetrick-Martin Institute (2016-2017)
- Fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Program of Columbia and Cornell Universities
- Residency in adult psychiatry, Brown University
- Medical Degree, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Received Academic Excellence in Psychiatry Award
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Neuroscience, magna cum laude, Brown University