Gianna is a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) specializing in individual therapy for adults and adolescents. Gianna uses a holistic approach that considers the interaction between her clients’ psychological and physical health, spirituality, race, culture, sexual/gender identity, day-to-day experiences, and relationships.
Gianna believes that her role as a therapist is to create a space where the diversity of experiences can be explored with compassion. She utilizes a psychodynamic approach to explore how the past is present. Gianna incorporates aspects of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and motivational interviewing into her practice, and works to find an approach that is a fit for each client’s unique needs.
Gianna sees clients suffering from a wide range of issues that include anxiety, OCD, specific phobias, depression, life changing events and transitions such as, loss and grief and relationship issues. Gianna has extensive experience and enjoys working with LGBTQ+ individuals and survivors of trauma.
Gianna offers a practical style that helps her clients gain insight with finding the skills to effectively manage their concerns. She aims to support her clients in increasing their confidence so they can navigate their relationships and life’s challenges. Gianna believes self-awareness and communication are critical to becoming your most authentic self.
Education and Experience:
- Master of Social Work from Columbia University School of Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts from University of Pittsburgh, Magna Cum Laude
- Exposure and Response Prevention Training at University of Pennsylvania
- SPACE (Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions) Treating Training: parent-based treatment for children and adolescents with anxiety, OCD and related problems
- Mental Health Specialist at the Ali Forney Center
- Clinical Social Worker at Harlem Hebrew Charter School