Christina Maroone is a board-certified psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner specializing in medication management and psychotherapy. She works with patients experiencing a range of difficulties, including depression, anxiety, ADHD, and situational stressors.
Christina creates a safe, non-judgmental environment using a patient-centered approach. She is experienced in emotion focused therapy and rational emotive behavior therapy. Christina thoughtfully uses these approaches to support patients in creating positive changes. She believes that all people are capable and deserving of meaningful and fulfilling lives. Christina supports patients in identifying their goals and creates personalized treatment plans for her patients based on their individual goals.
Education and Experience:
- Served as Patient Care Director for Inpatient Psychiatry and Electroconvulsive therapy at New York-Presbyterian (Columbia) and Clinical Nurse Manager for New York-Presbyterian (Cornell) Emergency Department.
- Adjunct Faculty, NYU
- Serves on the board of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association, New York Chapter
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Russell Sage College
- Master of Science in Nursing Administration, Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing
- Master of Public Administration, Baruch College
- Post-Master of Science, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program, New York University
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Student, Yale University