Amanda Shirley is a Board-Certified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, with experience in providing treatment for a wide variety of mental health concerns including personality disorders, PTSD, and mood and anxiety disorders. Amanda offers services that include psychotherapy, medication management, DBT, EMDR, and group therapy.
Prior to joining Union Square Practice, Amanda worked for five years at NYU Langone Health as a Registered Nurse in Inpatient Psychiatry serving a wide range of severe and persistent mental illnesses.
Amanda’s roots are in humanistic-existential psychotherapy. She works to develop a strong therapeutic relationship with each client in a warm, open, and non-judgmental space.
Education and Experience:
- Master of Science in Nursing from New York University, specializing in psychiatry
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from New York University
- Bachelor of Arts in English from Stony Brook University
- Clinical Instructor for Columbia University’s School of Nursing
- Nursing Practice Specialist at NYU Langone Health here in New York
- Previously worked as a registered nurse on acute inpatient psychiatric units at NYU Langone Health
More About Amanda
- Sings in a cover band
- Rowed Crew in College